STARTLING BURN FACTS
STARTLING BURN FACTS
- The estimated annual burn incidence in India is approximately 6-7 million per year.
- The ratio of specialized Burns beds in the government hospitals to the number of incidences
- Requiring hospitalization is a dismal 1:1000.
- Burns is the largest killer of young women (18 to 35 years) in our country (India).
- Burns is next only to road accidents in being a primary cause of accidental deaths in India.
- Child deaths in South East Asia are more due to Burns, than even Tuberculosis.
- There are more instances of life threatening burn accidents than people contracting HIV.
- Nearly 173 000 Bangladeshi children are moderately or severely burnt every year.
- In Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt and Pakistan, while 17% of the children with burns have a temporary disability, 18% have a permanent disability.
- Burns are the second most common injury type in rural Nepal, accounting for 5% of disabilities.
- In 2008, over 410 000 burn injuries occurred in the United States of America, with approximately 40 000 requiring hospitalization.
- On average in the United States in 2010, someone died in a fire every 169 minutes, and someone was injured every 30 minutes.
- For 2000, direct costs for care of children with burns in the United States of America exceeded US$ 211 million.
- In Norway, costs for hospital burn management in 2007 exceeded €10.5 million.
- In South Africa an estimated US$ 26 million is spent annually for care of burns from kerosene (paraffin) cook-stove incidents.
Meet Our Professionals
For The First Time In The History Of Burn Treatment & Management,Bbtrc In Association With Third Eye Is Soon Launching A Revolutionary It Based Technology And Treatment Management System Called The Btrc-Technet.
What People Says
Jagdish Singh - -
We received very good service for Son at this hospital. Special thanks goes to Dr Anshumali Misra for their excellent patient care delivery and cooperation. I also want to thank…Rajan Tavara - -
I am very thank full for this burn unit .i am satisfy with their burn treatment
Pooja Goal - -
Best burn hospital in delhi & ncr ,they are specialist in burn treatment . this hospital staff are very remarkable .Himanshu Jain - -
I am himashu jain i am satisfy with burn hospital they give the best treatment for burn.
Deepak Kumar - -
I am really satisfied from this burn hospital they're giving me good result from the burn treatment of my brother.Ram Singh - -
I injured from fire and treated from BTRC Noida hospital now i am fine ,i jus say their staff and their treatment is best , this is best burn hospital